Black Mold Dangers

When people find out they’ve mold, normally the first thing comes to mind is,”Can this black mold?” It is a valid concern, black mold can be very dangerous for your health.

What is Black Mold?

It often accompanies water damage and can be extremely toxic to anyone or any living thing exposed to it.

Though it is called black mold, the mold itself is really a greenish-black colour, and might have a bumpy appearance. As it’s caused from water damage, the top coating can be slimy to the touch. However, keep a look out for a powdery form once the water dries up.

As mentioned before, black mold is very poisonous to humans and animals. Not only can you visually identify the mold, there are some symptoms and warning signs Which You Can keep an eye out for this can help identify that you have a black mold issue:

A number of them seem minor, but there are symptoms that are very serious and will need to checked out immediately. Not only are such disorders bothersome, but also the black mold may also lead to irreversible damage to your health. If the mold is not found and cared for immediately, you can certainly suffer long term medical troubles.

Identifying Black Mold

Not only can you find the mold to know it is there, but black mold also offers a distinct smell to it. It smells quite plump and a lot like mildew. Similar to other types of mold, black mold is very adept at discovering many different areas it likes to call home.

The mold can be located underneath carpet, behind wallpaper, on the furniture, roofing, under cupboards, and other areas that would ordinarily come in contact with moisture. Regrettably, if the mold is located in AC units or air ducts, then the odor cannot be detected before the air is blown through it, causing it to spread through your property.

Though it does not grow as fast as some other molds, it still only takes approximately a week to get black mold to present itself. Once the mold grows, it forces out any other mold that’s growing nearby and takes over the environment.

Removal of Black Mold

Since black mold is indeed extremely toxic, it’s removal is something you need to leave up to the professionals. Knowing the fundamentals of mold removal can be immensely helpful for you to ascertain which kind of professional you should employ.

If you disturb the dark mold, it is going to release spores which are not observable to the naked eye, mycotoxins will release in the air and drift throughout your property. The spores are very hardy and survive under conditions in which other kinds of mold cannot grow, for example dry environments. Once the spores land somewhere with water, that is when the mold starts to grow and spread.

During the removal process, it’s advised you and your family vacate the house briefly for security reasons. You should ideally only return after the toxic mold was completely removed. A professional company will also test the surroundings to be certain each of the toxic black mold was removed completely.

Some experts think that hazardous black mold can never fully be removed from a home or building that has been contaminated. It has been noted that some home owners have permanently moved outside, or even burned down the houses as a last intense hotel.

There really is no way to fix or any antidote that may be taken for exposure to mold. You can either remove the mold, or remove yourself. If you are away from the mold, your body will begin to recuperate and the symptoms should go away with time. But, there’s always the possibility that the damage to your home may be permanent.